GET SOCIAL

 

Make sure to connect with us for lots of updated news and photos!

 

  • Facebook Basic Black
  • YouTube Social  Icon

ADDRESS

 

St Thomas of Canterbury Church,

St Thomas' Road,  Brentwood, Essex

CM14 4DF 

© St Thomas' Music Foundation 2018

  Organ   

The organ is a large 3-manual instrument with 41 speaking stops and 2,108 pipes.

 

It was originally built by Norman and Beard in 1897, with 6 more stops being added in 1908. No alterations were made until 1970 when the instrument was rebuilt and modernised by Brian Bunting.

 

A project to clean and repair this fine organ was undertaken in 1994 by Peter Wood.

 

A major overhaul of the organ has been completed by Nicholson’s of Worcester and the instrument was re-dedicated by the Archdeacon of Southend on 18th September 2011.

We are currently recruiting for Organ Scholars, please contact us for more details about this exciting opportunity.

 

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now